Enthusiastic Beginner Crocheter : here are some I made earlier


So, I mentioned in an earlier post that I was way past schedule with a little challenge I set myself last year. Well, what I have been doing is taking advantage of the cold wet British weather by staying indoors with a cuppa, a blanket, a few balls of wool and a crochet hook.

I'm relatively new to crochet but am really getting into it. I received a lot of crafty books last year and I've been trying out a selection of patterns. The hardest part has most definitely been learning the jargon. It's like learning another language! Ch1, SS, 2dc, 4htr,1tr, rounds....who knew!
These are some of the end results which I'm pretty chuffed with ...

Now all I need to do is work on my speed (and timekeeping)! 

These items, along with some others will be up for sale shortly when my Etsy shop officially opens.

Hope you like them.

Karen x



Comments

  1. I would love to be able to crochet & keep meaning to watch videos on Youtube. My Mother-in-Law tried to show me, but her hands were a blur to me!
    This post would be perfect for #craftingismytherapy if you are happy to share it?
    http://www.meyouandmagoo.co.uk/2016/05/crafting-is-my-therapy-4-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you mean, I'm a self taught crocheter and had to pause the video quite a bit to keep up. There are some really good tutorials online! I'm just heading over to your blog now x

      Delete
  2. They are fantastic! I recently discovered crochet but I'm still a bit tentative when it comes to following a pattern so I'm sticking to easy things like stripy blankets at the moment! Thanks for linking up to #craftingismytherapy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo can't wait to see your stripy blanket, you'll have to share it on the blog once you've finished. So satisfying once you've completed a project! x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for linking up to #craftingismytherapy! I am determined to learn to crochet...it keeps dropping off my to-do list. They offer classes in a local wool shop near me, I should take the plunge and go along...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day! Definitely start with a granny square. My first project was a cup cosy, had to walk away from it a few times before I finished it. Karen

      Delete
  4. I've come via #craftingismytherapy. I learned crochet from you tube videos and books. I have always got a crochet project on the go, if not several at once! Love your use of colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I always have a few projects on the go too. I try and fit them in when I can. I'm glad you like the colours, I love mixing bright colours together. Karen

      Delete
  5. #craftingismytherapy hi there, I learned crochet through youtube aswell id recommend watching bella coco she is great for beginners. Your work is lovely though and its all practise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look at her videos. Totally agree its all practice. Karen

      Delete

Post a Comment