English Country Garden seating area


My back garden is tiered on three downward levels so is pretty hard work to maintain. The top level is the area my daughter plays on and is relatively low maintenance. The middle level is a little trickier. The bottom level doesn't get much easier, its seldom used and so when I do venture down there it's overgrown with weeds. Quite often it becomes a dumping ground for garden waste, compost, old garden pots etc etc you get the idea right?....
I really wasn't kidding! 2014 and I'm a girl on a mission. After watching a couple of episodes of Allan Titchmarsh's latest garden show I feel that anything is possible. I tackle one area at a time. I start working on a seating area. My neighbour looks over the fence and asks how I'm getting on tackling 'the jungle' whilst I'm busy pulling out and being stung by nettles, I'm not amused. Time to get started!

1/ Extreme weeding.
2/ Cut hedges back. 
3/ Delivered garden waste to the local refuse centre.... multiple times, feels like a second home.

Two months later....

4/ Moved compost bins to opposite end of garden (eventually to be screened off).
5/ Dug up all the old earth and pebbles from the seating area, discovered it had already been lined, phew!

6/ Partially covered with paving stones.

7/ Positioned the paving stones and filled in the gaps with pebbles.
8/ Added a vintage garden bench, a couple of toadstools and a vintage watering can (as you do).

Voila! I love my new English Country Garden seating area.


   



  

Comments