A few of my favourite 'vintage' books and trinkets

I love old books, the kind that smell, dare I say it 'musty'. I pick them up all over the place, charity shops, market stalls, second hand book shops. I started collecting the little Beatrix Potter books after finding The Tale of Peter Rabbit on a street stall in Paris. When I opened the book up it had a personalised message inside dated 1970 which I thought was really special. This started a bit of an obsession. Since then I've collected many more, one of the oldest dates back to 1910, that's over 100 years old!! It happens to be Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens. I am slightly embarrassed to admit I only started reading Charles Dickens since my collection began and Little Dorrit is now one of my very favourite books.


The little trinkets on display have mostly been found in vintage shops and charity shops. I bought the Quality Street tins for a pound or two and was delighted to discover they were full of sewing bits and pieces which will definitely come in handy! My little teddy bear was on sale in a charity shop. He is so well made, I can't believe someone could give him away. He's become my little mascot and now sits in my craft room to keep me company. He inspired my blogs moto...






Comments