Mini folding screen and mood board

After just finishing the desk makeover I've been busy organising the rest of the room. I have a computer in there which I don't want on display. It occurred to me that I could screen it off. I took some old pin boards which weren't being used and turned them into a mini folding screen which would also double as mood/inspiration boards.



What I used:-

2 pin boards
Rustoleum Universal All-surface Paint White Satin finish
Halfords Wet and dry Sandpaper 1200
Ronseal Interior Varnish Clear Satin finish
Wickes solid brass butt hinge 38mm (1.5")
Wadding
Spray mount
White cotton fabric
Floral wrapping paper



I sprayed the wooden frames with Rustoleum Universal All-surface Paint in White Satin. Once these had dried I lightly sanded them to a smooth finish with Wet and Dry Sand Paper 1200. Then I gave them a lick of Ronseal Clear Varnish to seal them.

Next onto the screen...

I cut enough wadding to cover both boards. I sprayed the chipboard section of the boards with spray mount and positioned the wadding. 


As the screens will be used as mood boards I wanted to keep them neutral. The desk they will be going on is white so I kept the theme going and covered them with white fabric. There will be plenty of colour and patterns in the room to compensate!

I cut the fabric slightly larger than the area it was covering so that I could tuck it in place between the frame and the board which I did using a butter knife.



I tucked the fabric in until I got it as taut as I could. Then I moved on to the back of the screens. I used some leftover wrapping paper from a previous project (decoupage desk). After cutting the paper to fit I sprayed some spray mount and then just positioned the paper in place.


Finally, I attached the hinge to the back of the screen, the side that would be facing away from view.


DIY mini folding screen and handy mood/inspiration boards. 


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Are you going to have a go yourself?










  





Comments