Upcycling an old desk

Here we go, decoupage! This is the first opportunity I've had to try it out. I have been looking for the perfect idea (and time) to spruce up a desk and drawers that I have in my spare room 'aka' creative workspace. I saw a couple of pictures on pinterest that inspired this project.

I've had this desk for about 8 years. When I changed the colour scheme in this room from Magnolia to cool blues I really wanted to update my desk from birch to white. Then I took it a little bit further and added a few vintage inspired twists. I've been working on it for a week now and I'm still not finished! 

This is what I had to work with...


So far, I have painted and painted and repainted. I've found the paper I'm going to be using to decoupage and I'm currently just waiting for a delivery of Modge Podge (decoupage glue) and drawer handles to finish it off!

Coming soon...

Comments