Six month challenge

As a single working mum I struggle to get the balance right between parental duties, work, personal life and aspiring crafter. Currently it looks something life this: parental duties and all that entails 70%, work 30%. Seriously, this is pathetic! Something needs to be done before another year passes me by and I am still stuck in this rut. Work, home, daydream, work, home daydream.

I started this blog, as every beginner blogger does, with the intention of posting regular blog updates allowing me to indulge in my passion for DIY, upcycling and all things crafty. Who knows what can be achieved when you put your mind to it. So I have devised a plan, well it's more of a starting point and we'll see how it goes. 

I have made a list of all the projects I want to complete before the year is out. Everything from the unloved wingback chair I bought off Ebay to reupholster and haven't got round to yet, that I moved from the garage into my bedroom in the hopes it would motivate me and I'm ashamed to say I have just become accustomed to the strange smell it brought with it. The headboard I decided I would make as it would be cheaper than buying one. The vintage trunk that was supposed to double as storage but instead is taking up valuable storage space in the garage. A vegetable planter I started and then left half finished. You get the idea, I have bought a lot of crap and started a lot of projects and I need to crack on with it before my house begins to resemble a junk yard.

It's approaching the end of June 2015 which gives me six months until the end of the year. I will post regular updates letting you know which project I'm working on and how I'm fairing, the good, the bad and the ugly. 

My 'to do list' (in no particular order) :-

1)  Upcycle wooden storage chest which was donated by a friend because she knows I like upcycling
2)  2 x bedside cabinets - need upcycling to smarten up and match current decor
3)  Headboard - make one
4)  Wingback chair - reupholster
5)  2 x brown school chairs - spray paint
6)  Crochet a blanket for my already upcycled garden chairs
7)  Vintage trunk - clean up and line the interior
8)  Felt a Christmas decoration - yes I have a felting kit which I haven't used, hasn't everyone?
9)  Make a lampshade for the upstairs landing
10) Shoe cupboard - upcycle to match decor in porch 
11) Garden bench - upcycle 
12) Vegetable planter - bought a wooden compost bin which I will turn into a vegetable planter  

To some of you reading this it might not seem like a big undertaking, 12 projects in 6 months, but believe me this is going to test my limits of endurance and there is a serious chance I may suffer some kind of mental condition whilst completing this challenge.

Wish me luck xx



    

Comments