Project 2: Upcycled IKEA mirror



Hello, well I'm back on with the upcycling. My second project in the Six month challenge is this old IKEA frame. It wasn't working in my home at all, it served a purpose but looked out of place. Time for some TLC, not the group!



Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint painted onto all surfaces using a small paint brush.

Tip 1: water down well. I didn't and it was literally like spreading tar.

Tip 2: To apply to a tight space where there isn't room enough to manoeuvre the brush, use a sponge! Any sponge will do, I used the kitchen sponge to get into the gap at the back.

After the first 'thick' coat had dried I gave it a second coat with a watered down solution, aahhh much better.


The reason I love this paint, [aside from the great coverage], is that it washes out of brushes really well and any spills, yes there have been some, wipe up easily.

When the paint had dried overnight I used an old rag to rub on some clear wax.      

Finished!

Comments