Preparing A Creative Workspace


I am lucky enough to have a spare room. Unfortunately, like many spare rooms out there it had turned into a bit of a dumping ground. I decided to reclaim this precious space and turn it into somewhere I could retreat to, a creative sanctuary! At the end of what felt like a never ending sea of boxes and bags, I was eventually left with a near empty room. All that I was left with was a small guest bed, which now doubles as a seating area for creative brainstorming, plus my upcycled desk. It's the perfect size for crafting, see how I did it (link below).

 http://craftypollard.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/decoupage-desk-makeover-project.html

Apart from that I can't really fit any other furniture in. So, I looked to the tiny State of New York for inspiration and started building upwards! Lots of shelving.

Here's the big question. What do I really need in this room? Starting a vintage and handmade business I will need plenty of storage, lots of desk space and easy access to all my tools. Here's a little sneak peek into the Crafty Pollard HQ... enjoy x









Comments