DIY Rainbow Garland

If you follow me on Instagram then you will know that I've been busy updating my daughters bedroom. It's been a work in progress for a while now. Like most of you out there I've had limited funds to play with so have had to use what I've got, which is mostly my creativity and resourcefulness.  She received lots of lovely gifts at Christmas which I wanted to display rather than have hidden away in toy boxes so I splashed out on some low budget shelving. This white floating shelf was from Argos.

I get lots of inspiration from other lovely accounts I follow on social media and I took some of these ideas and blended them with my own to create a colourful, fun space.

One of the simplest yet most effective accessories in her room is this pom pom garland.



I made it using mini pompoms (which are so cheap to buy) and bakers twine. Both can be purchased at most craft shops, I got a supersize bag of assorted pompoms from Hobbycraft which cost about a fiver and some bakers twine from ebay.   

Step by step guide to making your own pom pom garland

What you will need:-

Selection of pom poms - play around and create your own colour combo
Bakers twine
Large needle

1. Cut a length of bakers twine, I used 1.5m



2. Thread the pompoms onto the twine [I knotted the twine before and after each pom to stop them from moving around too much]



3.Once you have finished you can loop each end should you want to pin it up on your wall. 



We chose to hang ours on the wall shelf.



I would love to see your finished garlands too, please remember to tag me in your finished projects so I can check them out.

Have a great day,

Karen 


Comments