Transform Your Coffee Table Using D-C-Fix Vinyl


My coffee table was a dark wood stain which was out of keeping with the rest of my furniture, it was  marked and worn and was in need of some TLC.



The table is solid oak and the perfect size for our family. Rather than replace it with a vintage one, which I would be too precious with, I decided to revamp this one.

I used:
TOTAL COST:- under £10

To start I disassembled the table.

I stripped the varnish off the legs and sides using varnish stripper, as I wanted to get the best finish I could. I rubbed it down with warm soapy water and steel wool and let it air dry.

Using a roller I applied 2/3 coats of GoodHome Specific Project Paint. Once dry I sealed with Clear Furniture Wax.

On the table top I applied D-C-Fix (£6 from B&Q).

Finally, I put the table back together and this is the finished result.




I hope this inspires you to renew, rather than buy new.

Comments